Fall-Winter 2016/2017 Fashion trends: Prints
Experts from Trendstop.com - one of the world's leading trend forecasting agencies, renowned for its insightful trend analysis and forecasts - have revealed the key print directions for the next year's cold season for both women's and men's fashion.
'Updating both Contemporary and Young Fashion, forward print designs introduce new approaches to an array of aesthetic influences, spanning florals and stripes to check, geos and camou.
These trends have been forecast to inform print design development for the upcoming season, influencing high-end and fast fashion collections going into Fall-Winter 2016/2017
and more mainstream ranges for Fall-Winter 2017/2018'.
Womenswear: Antiqued Interiors
In womenswear, surfaces appear to have been sourced from the archive, characterized by interior-look patterns.
- Antiqued aesthetics with aged upholstery effects are key
- Muted colorways tone vintage-look florals and wallpaper prints
- Touches of jewel shades or metallics add richness
Womenswear: 30's Wall Flower
We see wallpaper patterns express a vintage 30's feel with stylized florals, emerging strongly in women's fashion.
- Collections create a mood of interiors-inspired elegance
- Organic motifs make a statement with oversized proportions
- Color pop bases bring shapes to life
Menswear: Muted Tradition
In menswear collections, traditional prints reference heritage florals and folkloric patterns.
- Muted shades of black, gray and brown enhance masculine feel
- Plays on scale and placement add newness
- Painterly patterns inspire expressive looks
Photos and Information: Trendstop.com
Hits: 7274 | Leave a comment
About the Author
We are looking for men's suit tailors, fashion designers, managers, fashion consultants who want to share their knowledge and tips in an article or video and contribute to the site! Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Don't miss the opportunity as this will be a free advertisement for yourself and your menswear brand!