The best shaving tips for females - secrets to a long lasting shave
Shaving first became popular during World War II when nylon stockings were in short supply and bare legs became a trend that has yet to cease.
Today, women are increasingly turning to waxing and some are trying laser hair removal however, shaving remains the least expensive form of hair removal. Here are some shaving tips and tricks for females to ensure you're doing it the right way:
1. Avoid shaving first thing in the morning. The skin of most people is slightly puffy in the morning. You'll get a closer shave if you wait 20-30 minutes for the skin to tighten, exposing more of the hair shaft.
2. Prepare your skin. Take a hot shower or wrap a hot, moist towel around the areas you want to shave for several minutes before shaving to soften your skin and open up the hair follicles. You don't want to shave dry skin. Shaving is a natural exfoliator and you'll clog up the razor with dead skin while putting yourself at risk for nicks.
3. Be sure to exfoliate your skin before shaving. Use a washcloth or an exfoliating scrub in the shower to eliminate dead skin cells and raise hair stubs for a closer shave.
4. Use a regrowth slowing shaving cream. For a long lasting shave, use a shaving cream, designed to slow hair regrowth. Avoid shaving creams containing menthol, as they can dry out the skin. If you don't want to buy more expensive creams, you can use shaving cream for man or even a shampoo. There's no need to waste your money on shaving creams formulated especially for women. They are virtually the same as the creams sold for men.
5. Select a good razor. A good shave depends upon a good razor. Ask your friends for recommendations and look for a razor with lubricated strips, pivoting heads and spring-mouonted multiple blades.
6. Don't use a dull blade. Be sure to change razors or cartridges on a regular basis, a dull blade can lead to nicks. As a matter of fact, some people suggest using a fresh blade every time you shave.
7. When finished, apply oil, cream or moisturizer. The skin on your legs has few oil glands and has a tendency for dryness.
Hits: 18840 | Leave a comment