Interview with the yoga instructor Dimple Gajwani about The Art of Breathing
- Can Sudarshan Kriya be practiced at home?
Yes! one can practice Sudarshan Kriya at home. Practicing it daily relaxes the mind and body. Some of the very commonly experienced benefits of Sudarshan Kriya are increased levels of energy, more focus, calm state of mind.
- Can you describe the breathing technique or it should be shown visually? Is it difficult to practice?
Sudarshan Kriya is a simple yet profound breathing technique. Millions of people from all walks of life have been touched by the healing power of the Sudarshan Kriya.
- Is it difficult to practice?
This technique needs to be learned with a trained teacher in a 4 day workshop called the art of living. One who undergoes this workshop can practice this daily without any difficulty.
- How often and for how long we should practice Sudarshan Kriya to have a positive effect?
Sudarshan Kriya cleanses the system from the inside. Just like we take a bath daily to clean our body, Practing Sudarshan Kriya daily cleanses our mind.
- How breathing helps to release toxins from the body?
Breath is the link between the body and the mind. For example, when we are angry, the breath is short and fast, when sad, the out-breath is long and heavy. So, we can learn to skilfully use the breath to change the way we feel, hence release the negative emotions called stress - anger, anxiety, depression and worry, leaving the mind completely happy, relaxed and energised. Sudarshan Kriya incorporates specific natural rhythms of the breath which harmonize the body, mind and emotions.
Sudarshan Kriya harmonises the whole system cleansing daily and accumulated stresses, one feels happy and healthy again!
A number of research studies have appeared in independent, peer-reviewed journals that attest to the benefits reported by those who do Sudarshan Kriya. Some of them are:
- Reduced levels of stress (reduce cortisol - the "stress" hormone)
- Stronger immunity
- Reduced cholesterol
- Relief from anxiety & depression (mild, moderate and severe)
- Increased antioxidant protection
- Enhanced brain function
- What yoga positions should be practiced along with breathing techniques?
A certain sequence of Yoga positions is taught to the participants in the Art of living course. Practicing these with the breathing technique gives a deeper relaxation.
- Please, give some advice to our readers for a healthier lifestyle.
Take time for yourself, It helps one to live in the present moment, and cope up with life. During that time, align oneself with nature, wake up at sunrise, practice yoga, Meditate, eat proper food and spend some time doing things that bring out your creativity.
Hits: 9743 | Leave a comment